Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Visit

So many lights. The sky was screaming with the color of all the lights. So many colors that I couldn't tell where one color ended and another color began. And far below all was in motion and I was thrilled. I was on my way to visit the "POND".

How long had it been, how far had I traveled, how much could the "POND" have changed.  Emotions long forgotten were guiding me to where I could only hope I was supposed to be. Why was it that the "POND" was calling out to me. I remember a time during one of the beginnings, that the"POND" had taught me to listen. And how the Whisper of the "One" spoke so many emotions to me before the breeze had carried her away; Not before she reminded me that we would always have the "POND". How was it that the "POND" did not recognize time or distance but could tell me of so many beginnings.

 I felt as though I had just returned from nowhere and was about to go there again. Life could be so simple in the most complicated of ways. How many beginnings had I searched for the "One" and the "POND" always said to me: Make a wish so that you can start anew, the "POND can make anything come true.

Quietly I came upon the "POND" and was happy when I realized that the "POND" was not asleep. The trees all around were barren waiting for the sun to wake them with it's warmth. Yet the "POND"  waited, as though I was expected.

I reached out and was surrounded by all the lights and there as if once again painted by the colors of all the beginnings, was the "One". Where have you been, she asked. The "POND" is ready to sleep and I have waited for you, where have you been. I replied with the sound of silence, telling the "One" that she is the biggest part of me, that she is the life that breathes in me. And The "One" smiled saying that the "POND" had told her to make a wish of all the things we will do, and they will happen in a very special way. The "One"reached out and said don't you remember,  you are the biggest Part of me and we will always have the "POND"

Together we walked close and the "POND" told us it was ready to sleep but only after our dreams came true. In this beginning, for us, there would be no parting until after promises had been made and emotions exchanged, to be held by one another and never given to some one else, even if we, once again, that which is the "POND" separated us. And the "One" laughed as she reached out for me and said, I told you the "POND" would always be ours.

Don't you know that you are the biggest part of me.

No comments: