Thursday, January 5, 2006

The Whisper of Wings

The beginnings are all well known to the "POND" and butterflies are free.

It happened during one of those times when time didn't matter. If the whole truth be known, it still happens. The "POND" is timeless. It didn't happen quickly. There was only the sound of silence and the quiet sound of the flutter of delicate wings. The "POND" recognized her. It was the "One". As She has always been and always will be. On this day, the "One" was Painted. Her lines and colors reflected by the sun onto the surface of the"POND", And the "POND" rejoiced in her reflection and rippled with fascination. She smiled and was happy to please the "POND". She, who is the "ONE" opened and closed her wings, silently gliding across the "POND". There was no need for a reason, it is simply what the "One" does. Her beauty is natural, the sunlight is a gift and the "POND" is real.

Didn't you know butterflies are free.

I saw all of this and felt sad.  For I knew that there would never be a reason, there could never be. And then she saw me. At first I didn't know what she was saying to me, I didn't know how to listen. The "POND" showed me her reflection and I heard the "POND", you will know the "One" through, all the beginnings. 

Butterflies are free and that is the way it is meant to be. And as the wind carried us apart I heard her say, how deep is your love and butterflies will always be free. Then as she drifted away, I heard her say, don't be sad, you know there will be another day and the "POND will always be ours.

I knew then that the "POND" had taught me how to listen, but I never told her how much I heard, because, butterflies are free.

And the whisper of wings is so very natural.

 

No comments: